Sunday, March 10, 2013

7th Series Checklist (#531)

Here is the 7th Series Checklist for the 1967 set (the so-called "high numbers"). This is my original card, acquired in 1967 as part of the 6th series, and not used for more than a decade (see the blurb in my 1967 blog header).

Since the high numbers were not sold in my area in 1967, I didn't get any of these cards until the 1980s, at which time I started filling in the checklist. You can see below that I was able to get all but five of the cards.


For most of these players, I was able to get their 1968 card, and have something to "play with" back in the day, as I invented line-up games with my cards. However, there were a few players whose last card was in the 1967 7th series, so I had nothing for them until the 1980s (which I've previously posted about in 2011).

In 2010, I finally got the Maury Wills card, but I have refrained from updating the checklist. Maybe someday I will complete this set, although it's unlikely to be in VG-Ex condition, as Brooks Robinson and the Tom Seaver and Rod Carew rookie cards are too pricey. Tommy John (the final card in the set) seems most likely to be my next acquisition.

No comments: